Snort mailing list archives

Re: Finding which rule is blocking

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 16:17:53 -0400

On 7/16/2014 2:50 PM, freber1977 wrote:
I am running snort on pfsense on a home network.  When I enable snort
the networking and internet keep working correctly except it blocks my
BoxeeBox from logging in.  It does not block the apps, if they are
already running and snort it activated they keep working fine.  So it
seems to only be the login part for Boxee itself.

My question is how can I track this down to which ruleset is causing the
problem?

the GID:SID of the rule should be in your snort logs which i assume that pfsense
has...

aside: i wasn't aware that pfsense had blocking capabilities with snort...
interesting...