Snort mailing list archives

Re: sid-msg.map file is missing

From: Shirkdog <shirkdog () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 10:58:40 -0400

Pulled pork will create the sid-msg.map. What do you have configured in
your pulledpork.conf? Is the path correct for what barnyard is reading?
On Jul 2, 2014 10:25 AM, "Indira Kas" <indirakas () gmail com> wrote:

Pulledpork is running now. I checked the proper location of the
sid-msg.map file in pulledpork.conf.
But when I run barnyard2 like this:
/usr/local/bin/barnyard2 -c /etc/snort/barnyard2.conf -d /var/log/snort -f
snort.log -w /etc/snort/bylog.waldo -C /etc/snort/classification.config &

(I excluded -S and -G options, since it was throwing errors that they were
included 2 times).

I get error:
ERROR: Unable to open SID file '/etc/snort/sid-msg.map' (No such file or
directory)
ERROR: [Barnyard2Init()], failed while processing [/etc/snort/sid-msg.map]

Gen-msg.map file has been generated, but I can't find sid-msg.map file.
Do you know how to generate it manually maybe?

Ikas.

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!