Snort mailing list archives

DAQ 2.0.2, NFQ - DAQ error when trying to start snort

From: Peter Fyon <peter.fyon () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 15:09:35 -0400

Hi Snort-devel,

While trying to enable active defense on my snort setup (single interface
on a SPAN port), I ran into this error:

The nfq DAQ module does not support interface or readback mode!

My C's a bit rusty, but looking at the code (see diff at the bottom) it
seems like it just checks to see if the DAQ_Config_t name is set and fails
out if so. I can't see the commit log so I don't know why this block of
code was added, but everything works fine after commenting it out and
recompiling. Did I just work around something that I shouldn't have?

daq_nfq.c
200,204c200,204
<     if(cfg->name && *(cfg->name))
<     {
<         snprintf(errBuf, errMax, "The nfq DAQ module does not support
interface or readback mode!");
<         return DAQ_ERROR_INVAL;
<     }
---
//    if(cfg->name && *(cfg->name))
//    {
//        snprintf(errBuf, errMax, "The nfq DAQ module does not support
interface or readback mode!");
//        return DAQ_ERROR_INVAL;
//    }

Peter