Snort mailing list archives

Re: Question about Sguil

From: Jaime Nebrera <jnebrera () redborder org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 20:12:26 +0200

Haha, no problem

In essence redBorder started as a Snorby on steroids (adding all the rule
workflow and probe management side) but it's current code base differs
completely. Our initial focus was to add enterprise type capabilities,
while new ones insist more in scalability and intelligence capabilities

The public version is a bit old and still SQL based but new one is fully
big data based. Hope to make this one public soon, but we have to nail some
stuff in place yet

If you want to see the what the 3.x interface looks like here you have a
video

http://youtu.be/TqQBIRagEl0

It mixes information from the IPS and Flow (traffic visibility) but you get
the idea

Enjoy

Hey Jaime, thanks for the reply as well, much appreciated!

No I haven’t heard of that one before… I’ll have to do some reading on that.

Thanks Again,

Matt

*Matthew Martin*

*Network Administrator*