Snort mailing list archives

snort sFsnortPakcet header file to count TCP, ICMP and UDP packets

From: Amtul Saboor <saboor.amtul () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 22:09:57 +0500

Hello

I am trying to make some changes in snort sample prperocessor dpx , i have
read the following information from snort manual online:
*4.1.4 SFSnortPacket*

*The SFSnortPacket structure mirrors the snort Packet structure and
provides access to all of the data contained in a given packet.*

*It and the data structures it incorporates are defined
in sf_snort_packet.h. Additional data structures may be defined to
reference other protocol fields. Check the header file for the current
definitions.*

*Source: http://manual.snort.org/node38.html
<http://manual.snort.org/node38.html>*

I want to output the average number of TCP Syn, UDP and ICMP PAckets
received per second, I have gone through this file sf_snort_packet.h , but
i am unable to locate the exact data structure that deals with incoming TCP
Syn, ICMP and UDP packets. I just need these3 data structures to make the
desired variation.

Any one would be appreciated. Thanks

Regards
Amtul