Snort mailing list archives

Re: unsupported file layout

From: Rob MacGregor <rob.macgregor () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 19:25:19 +0100

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 6:53 PM, Allan <yummycheese () cogeco ca> wrote:
I just updated snort via pulledpork and got this error.

FATAL ERROR: Failed to load /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules/misc.so:
/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules/misc.so: unsupported file layout

A quick search of google doesn't show me anything with a file layout error.

I commented out misc.rules but snort still fails to start with the same
error.

As sent in reply to one of your many identical posts earlier today
(http://sourceforge.net/p/snort/mailman/message/32440918/):

You almost certainly have the wrong processor architecture or
operating system's binary rules loaded (at least that's what a quick
google for "unsupported file layout" suggests to me).

--
Rob MacGregor