Snort mailing list archives

Re: Dynamic Rule [X:XXXXX] was not initialized properly.

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 17:47:29 +0000

On Jun 10, 2014, at 10:48 AM, Jeff Meigs <jmeigs () sunwestecu com<mailto:jmeigs () sunwestecu com>> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been receiving an error on our IDS units here that displays the following: “snort[XXXXX]: Dynamic Rule [X:XXXXX]
was not initialized properly.” It’s not one specific rule either its different almost every time.

This error occurs every 2-5 minutes. Its flooding our error report and I can’t seem to find any information on it. Any
help would be Greatly Appreciated.

Are you using PulledPork?

https://code.google.com/p/pulledpork/

--