Snort mailing list archives

Re: Help! I ran Nessus Vulnerability Scanner against my Public IP and No Alerts showed up on my Snort IDS box!

From: Joel Esler <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 16:19:07 -0400

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pulledpork+faq&l=1

Let’s try that.

On Monday, April 7, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Teo En Ming wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

Is there a manual for using pulled-pork? I can't find the manual for it in http://www.snort.org/docs

Thank you very much.

Teo En Ming

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 3:27 AM, Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com (mailto:jthoel () gmail com)> wrote:
1/2 - Look at pulled-pork to handle the rule management tasks; including enabling all the rules if that's what you
want

3 -  www.testmyids.com (http://www.testmyids.com) for a quick test, there may or may not be rules written for the
vulnerability checks.

check your snort.conf for proper variable usage

learn what the rules do and why you expect them to fire.