Snort mailing list archives

Re: Stream5 and File preprocessor

From: "Hui Cao (huica)" <huica () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 15:07:57 +0000

File preprocessor does require stream. It processes data that are reassembled by stream, so stream5 configuration might
impact on file processing. File size is controlled by file type depth or file signature depth. Stream5 memcap or max
queue bytes only impacts how much file data that are buffered. You can have file size larger that memcap and max queued
bytes. If the file is large,  many reassembled packets will be processed. For pruned/purged sessions, data will be
flushed and processed.

Best,
Hui.