Snort mailing list archives

Re: URI content not being identified

From: Jelte <masterjel5000 () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 19:30:09 +0200

Thanks for the explanation, Joel. Given the fact that Snort discards
packets with bad checksums by default, I still think it's weird that
without using "-k none" the rules that filtered on a URL-specific value
in the "content" did trigger an alert and the rules that filtered on the
same value "contenturi" did not and that after using "-k none" the
"uricontent" rules suddenly started generating alerts...