Snort mailing list archives

Re: DPX.C Example

From: "Russ Combs (rucombs)" <rucombs () cisco com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 12:38:03 +0000

The purpose of dpx is to provide a way to build outside the source tree.  If you want to build it into the Snort binary
you will need to modify the source tree and add it in the way one of the existing preprocessors is done, like normalize.

Apart from not needing the dynamic lib configuration or distributing a single tarball, there is no significant benefit
to doing so.  What is your motivation?