Snort mailing list archives

Re: View perfmonitor stats file

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 20:14:50 +0000

We've also done some parsing of that file for zabbix.. if that would be
helpful.  there's a lot of data there.

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 7:59 PM, Joel Esler (jesler) <jesler () cisco com>wrote:

 http://www.snort.org/snort-downloads/additional-downloads/#thepigdoktah

 On May 1, 2014, at 3:20 PM, Kurzawa, Kevin <kkurzawa () co pinellas fl us>
wrote:

   I’m trying to tune Snort. I turned on perfmonitor and have it set as
such:
 preprocessor perfmonitor: time 300 file /var/log/snort/stats pktcnt 10000

 However, that stats file is nearly impossible to read. Can anyone offer
some suggestions on how to better view this? I didn’t see anything when I
searched for it. I would like to be able to read it from the command line
on the IDS server itself (no X on the IDS).

 Running on Archlinux.

Snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Snort-users list archive:

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest