Snort mailing list archives

Re: About snort sFsnortPakcet header file

From: Emiliano Fausto <emiliano.fausto () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 06:24:39 -0300

Hello Amtul,

I was working with IP Addresses v4, and that's part of the code I used:

SFSnortPacket *p = (SFSnortPacket *) pkt;

IP4Hdr iphd;
sfip_t iphdt;

iphd = p->inner_ip4h;
iphdt = iphd.ip_src;

Then, in iphdt.ip you'll have the Source IP Address. Doing similar steps,
but instead of previous line putting this one: iphdt = iphd.ip_dst; you'll
have the Destination IP Address.

Hope it helps,
regards.

Emiliano.

PS: if you want to store the IP in an unsigned integer you may use these
two lines:

unsigned char *ipsrcp = (unsigned char*) &iphdt.ip;
unsigned int src_ip_uint = (*ipsrcp << 24) + (*(ipsrcp+1) << 16) +
(*(ipsrcp+2) << 8) + *(ipsrcp+3);

Hello

I am trying to make some changes in snort sample prperocessor dpx , i have
read the following information from snort manual online:
*4.1.4 SFSnortPacket*

*The SFSnortPacket structure mirrors the snort Packet structure and
provides access to all of the data contained in a given packet.*

*It and the data structures it incorporates are defined
in sf_snort_packet.h. Additional data structures may be defined to
reference other protocol fields. Check the header file for the current
definitions.*

*Source: http://manual.snort.org/node38.html
<http://manual.snort.org/node38.html>*

I have gone through this file sf_snort_packet.h , but i am unable to
locate the exact data structure that deals with packet source ip address
and destination ip address. I just need these two data structures to make
the desired variation.

Any one would be appreciated. Thanks

--
*Amtul Saboor*

*MS (Information Security) *

*Military College of Signals, National University of Science & Technology,
Rawalpindi*

*Pakistan*

Archive:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=snort-devel