Snort mailing list archives

Re: AANVAL or MYSQL question

From: Y M <snort () outlook com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 21:19:44 +0000

@YM: maybe these are two threads of the same process? i see similar on my own
systems... three of them if i compile with the reload capability...
Isn't Snort single-threaded? I wouldn't imagine it will be creating another "thread" other than its own. On systems i
look for there is only one process on every system I checked. May be OS specific? not likely?
I forgot to mentions that my systems are also compiled with reload. Which brings the question of if the Snort has been
reloaded (not restarted) on these systems or these processes are showing up after a clean reboot?
YM