Snort mailing list archives

Re: Pulledpork doesn't disable some rules

From: JJC <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 12:03:41 -0600

You could also change the flowbits set rule to a noalert

JJC

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 12:28 AM, C. L. Martinez <carlopmart () gmail com>wrote:

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 5:11 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
wrote:
On 4/14/2014 3:32 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
Cleanup....
removed 55 temporary snort files or directories from /tmp/tha_rules!
Processing /data/config/etc/idpsuricata02/pulledpork/disablesid.conf....
Disabled 1:2009005
Disabled 1:2011582
Modified 2 rules
Done
Setting Flowbit State....
WARN - 1:2011582 is re-enabled by a check of the
ET.http.javaclient.vulnerable flowbit!
[...]
Uhmm .. How can I avoid this situation??

disable the rules that rely on that flowbit as well as the rule(s) that
set it...

--

Thanks waldo and YM. After seeing the different possibilities, I am
using threshold.conf to disable this alert.

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!