Snort mailing list archives

Re: New to snort

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 05:21:15 -0600

On Thu, 2014-04-10 at 15:28 +0530, Pothineni sai bhushan wrote:
Hi,

  I am new to snort. Is there any documentation for snort source
code?I would like to know where the snort actually sends calls to drop
packets and how snort interacts with drivers.

 Do DAQs act as abstract layer between network interface and snort?

I'm sure the source code itself is documented.  I believe DAQ is the
abstraction layer...it used to be libpcap.

James