Snort mailing list archives

Re: Suppressing the SCAN UPnP service alerts

From: basant subba <basantsubba () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 16:51:53 +0530

Thanks Joel that worked.

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 4:46 PM, basant subba <basantsubba () gmail com> wrote:

Thank You Avery for that information, but the problem with this solution
is that it only suppresses the threats with matching source and destination
IP address. I still get this alerts where the source and destination
addresses  are MAC addresses instead of IP addresses. It would be helpful
if someone could tell me which .rules files contains the signature for this
alarm, so that I can disable it manually.

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Avery Rozar <