Snort mailing list archives

Event Suppression

From: Avery Rozar <Avery.Rozar () i-techsupport com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 21:25:33 +0000

I’d like for alerts (and drops) to not fire for 21965 when they are coming from an IP. I added the below entry into
threshold.conf and I don’t get alerts anymore but the app (it uses wininet) is still not woking. Does suppression only
filter the alert, but still drop if the signature is set to drop?

suppress gen_id 1, sig_id 21965, track by_src, ip x.x.x.x

Thanks,
Avery