Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort freezing

From: Jaime Nebrera <jnebrera () redborder org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 22:05:19 +0200

May I ask if you're reloading the configuration in the time? We have
reported issues when reloading instead of restarting the configuration
El 24/06/2014 22:03, "conma293" <conma293 () gmail com> escribió:

Hey guys still having the issue of snort freezing up after 4-12 days of
operations, I think it is somehow due to stream5 preprocessor as how many
days it operates seems to vary.

Thresholding all s5 (Sid=0) it runs for maybe 14 days.

When I target the nuisance sids to threshold I've noticed it runs for
maybe only 8 days.

When I threshold nothing it runs for less.

This is driving me crazy - I'm running snort as vm on Ubuntu 12.04 lts on
top of fedora 16 which contains the db and used to run snort native.

I'm thinking of rebuilding snort on fedora 20 and possible rebuilding the
whole host to redhat, does anyone have any comment on that? Fedora v
Ubuntu?? Problems with s5? Problems with Ubuntu?

Last question - it would seem maye prudent to wait till snort 2970 is out
instead of snort 2961 from 2960 .. Any estimate of release date for stable
release??

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!