Snort mailing list archives

Re: HTTP reassembly problem - Snort 2.9.6.1

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 22:33:35 +0000

Do you have packet captures and a configuration we can use to reproduce the issue?

--
Joel Esler
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 22, 2014, at 16:04, "Mateusz Pigulski" <m.pigulski () gmail com<mailto:m.pigulski () gmail com>> wrote:

Hello, anybody knows this issue ??

Hi experts!!!

I am new user in mailing list and also new in snort, so firstly I want say Hello!!.
I have configured Snort 2.9.6.1 with daq 2.0.2 and pf_ring 5.6.1. I want use snort to capture HTTP POST which are
forwarded to my system. I have problem with configuration the output to store the reassembled packets. When size of
HTTP POST is larger then 1500, I can see in my unified2 file that every tcp segemnt is stored as event and packet, so
if HTTP POST consist of 2 tcp segments I have 2 events and 2 packets, from my point of view would be better to have
only one event and packet for reassembled packet. I have read this thread: http://seclists.org/snort/2012/q4/758, and 2
Years ago it was impossible, so my question is: is it possible to configure in snort 2.9.6.1 output with unified2 to
store reassembled packets ??

BR
Mateusz

--