Snort mailing list archives

Re: Detect Credit Card number in attached file

From: "Russ Combs (rucombs)" <rucombs () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 19:21:45 +0000

________________________________
From: hosein izadi [fhoseinh () yahoo com]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 2:00 PM
To: Russ Combs (rucombs); snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Detect Credit Card number in attached file

 rule-update script is a normal script you run every time you add a new rule to your local rules.It restart Snort. But,
what do you think about rule itself? Am I missing something?

The rule is fine to demonstrate that Snort is detecting on the attachment.  Not sure why it stops firing though.  Do
you have any event filters / thresholds?

Actually, are you sure Snort is still running when this rule stops firing?

Are you just replaying the same pcap over and over or is this happening with live traffic?