Snort mailing list archives

Re: HELP!

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 05:09:29 -0600

On Sun, 2014-03-23 at 21:33 +0200, stephanie sokhn wrote:
Hello,
I'be been  trying to use snort in its inline mode. I have an ubuntu
13.10 and i've tried to use daq-1.1.1 and daq-2.0.2 and i still can't
build an IPQ or an NFQ module. I've downloaded the libpcap-1.1.1 and
libdnet-1.12 and as mentioned in the read me file in daq-2.0.2, i
tried to fix the ac.configure issue.

 I'm using a live platform so i can't run the afpacket module because
i only have one ethernet interface.
And every time i try to run an inline snort mode i get an error in the
daq NFQ or IPQ module.

I would really appreciate some help!

Best Regards,
Stephanie EL Sokhn

You'll need to install the development packages for netfilter queue:

libnetfilter-queue-dev

And recompile daq and snort.

James