Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Inline mode with iptables problems on Ubuntu 12.04

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 17:23:15 -0600

On Wed, 2014-03-19 at 18:31 -0400, Shivaramakrishnan Vaidyanathan wrote:
What changes did you do to make snort see the other daq modules that
were missing in my case?

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 6:25 PM, James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>

        On 2014-03-19 14:35, Shivaramakrishnan Vaidyanathan wrote:
        > I have it installed and recompiled.The problem is not snort
        is not
        > able to see the nfq and ipq daq modules.
        > It is able to see pcap,ipfw,dump,afpacket
        >
        >  Build AFPacket DAQ module :Yes
        > Build IPFW DAQ module :Yes
        > Build IPQ DAQ module :Yes
        >  Build NFQ DAQ module :Yes
        > Build PCAP DAQ module : Yes
        >
        >  --
        > Shiva
        >
        > On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 4:29 PM, James Lay
        <jlay () slave-tothe-box net

Here's my configline:

./configure --enable-sourcefire

Other then that nothing besides recompiling the items I mentioned.

James