Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Services Failed to Start

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 14:17:05 -0400

On 3/17/2014 1:53 PM, Vona, Steven A CIV NSWCCD Philadelphia, 34117 wrote:
Sorry but that was a mistake (A typo).

I am deleting the preprocessors from:

/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/*

Not from

/usr/local/lib/snort/_dynamicpreprocessor/*

I have tried deleting everything from that directory and reinstalling, still receiving the same error.

what does the following command return?

   ls -la /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor

please paste all the output... hopefully you are doing this in a manner that you
have scrollback capabilities to be able to copy'n'paste from... if not, redirect
the above to a file and then attach the file...

   eg: ls -la /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor > sdpp_listing.txt