Snort mailing list archives

Re: TMG Firewall Client long host entry exploit attempt

From: Patrick Mullen <pmullen () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 15:27:40 -0500

Carlos,

Are you using Pulled Pork to manage your enabled rules, or are you doing it
manually?  I believe I understand what is going on regarding which rules
you have enabled.  By default, when the shared object rule stubs are put
into the rules files, they are not commented out according to policy.  So
when you include those stubs, the rule is enabled.  Pulled Pork should fix
this by commenting out rules that are not in the policy you choose.

Thanks,

~Patrick
--
Patrick Mullen