Snort mailing list archives

I need an IDS that sends critical alerts by email

From: "Jeronimo L. Cabral" <jelocabral () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:07:26 -0300

Dear, I need a Snort based IDS system that sends critical alerts via email.

I heart that Security Onion is easy to setup and quite complete, and also
includes the alerts sendind by email.

People, is Security Onion the easiest and more complete open source IDS
solution based on Snort, or is there any other software in that way ???

Thanks a lot in advance.

JeLo