Snort mailing list archives

Re: Preprocessor disabling question

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 20:11:02 +0000

On Feb 18, 2014, at 12:47 PM, SnortFan <SnortFan () yahoo com<mailto:SnortFan () yahoo com>> wrote:

    Other than suppressing in the threshold.conf file on each sensor, what is the best way to disable a few of the
preprocessors by Sid #? I've searched and nothing I'm reading is very clear.

You could comment them out in preprocessor.rules.

I'm using pulledpork, but would placing a disable in the disablesid.conf work for a preprocessor?

I think so, but I’m not 100% on that, I’d defer that questions to JJ.

I've read mention of modifying the snort.conf but I don't see how you would block an individual Sid.

If the only option is the threshold.conf, is it possible to do an include statement in the file, so I would then push
out a universal set of suppressions to all my sensors and beable to update them all at once.