Snort mailing list archives

FW: Allowing windows updates to pass through snort

From: "Tony Reusser" <treusser () filertel com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 10:04:53 -0700

You're gonna hate this answer.  But please, I'm not trying to be snide or
sarcastic.

The best solution is to run SNORT on linux.

Been running SNORT on CentOS with Barnyard, PulledPork and BASE for nearly
two years without a single hic-up.  Updates are easy and straight forward.
IMHO, Windows is the absolute WORST platform for running any kind of IDS/IPS
on.

Regards,

Tony