Snort mailing list archives

event id = 0 on all unified2 events

From: Eugenio Pérez <eupm90 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 13:56:50 +0100

Hi everyone.

I've just installed snort and I'm seeing that all events in the unified2
file have the event id field set to 0.

I've check the rules, and they have all a sid != 0, and I've configured the
snort.conf unified output plugin like this:

output unified2: filename snort.log, limit 128

The same snort installation runs fine in others machines. So, under what
circumstances this field is set to 0? Where I should look to get the event
id field filled?

BTW, I'm using the snort version 2.9.4.0.

Thanks in advance.