Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort and OpenVPN

From: Kevin Ross <kevross33 () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 12:44:56 +0000

Without knowing your setup I imagine you are trying to have snort inspect
encrypted VPN traffic which it cannot do. I would suggest playing Snort to
detect traffic on interfaces that the traffic must pass through when on
your internal network and it is unencrypted (i.e in a typical enterprise
deployment this would be somewhere behind the VPN concentrator before it is
encrypted or after it is decrypted).

Regards,
Kevin