Snort mailing list archives

Re: consultation question

From: Ben Jacobs-Swearingen <bjsdaiyu () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 00:17:50 -0500

I think you mean snort -r <file> : testing snort against a packet capture.
 But it can't run from text files they have to be binary libpcap files.  Is
this what you mean?

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 10:14 PM, simegnew yihunie <syihunie () gmail com>wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,
I want to test the performance of snort by giving input packet to the
packet decoder from some sample text file. That means with out directly
using the real network. Any one can help me by giving the answer of how to
transfer packets from sample text file to packet decoder part.
Sincerely,
 Simegnew Y.

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!