Snort mailing list archives

Re: lots of false positives for "GPL SQL user name buffer overflow attempt"

From: rmkml <rmkml () yahoo fr>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 15:20:24 +0100 (CET)

Hi Cyrille,

Please test with this new version please:

 alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $SQL_SERVERS $ORACLE_PORTS (msg:"GPL SQL user name buffer overflow attempt";
flow:to_server,established;
content:"connect_data"; nocase; content:"|28|user="; nocase; isdataat:1000,relative; content:!"|22|"; within:1000;
content:!"|29|"; within:1000;
reference:url,www.appsecinc.com/Policy/PolicyCheck62.html; classtype:attempted-user; sid:2102650; rev:4;)

Regards
@Rmkml