Snort mailing list archives

Re: Content matching question

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:22:08 -0700

On 2014-01-20 10:58, James Lay wrote:
Hey all,

So....I'm trying to figure out how to really NOT match certain
content,
but match if the data size is longer then expected.  Example:

I have a packet where the usual data size is say 20 bytes and
contains
the word "bleh".  I know I can content:!"bleh" and away I go.  But
say
that packet is 30 bytes?  That I'd like to see, regardless if it has
the
content "bleh" or not.

What are my options?  Byte_test?  It's not http, so any options with
that were out.  Thanks for any guidance.

James

Turns out dsize was just what I needed:

dsize:>300

YAY..thanks all.