Snort mailing list archives

Commented out rules.

From: SnortFan <SnortFan () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 14:03:02 -0500

I've noticed after pulling rules via pulled pork there are a lot of rules disabled that are not in a policy group. Does
that mean I would need to list them individually in the enablesid.conf ?  I'm trying to turn on all VoIP rules. I have
them enabled in my snort.conf but most of them are
Commented out in the snort.rules file.

Also are all the rules in the snort.rules files as opposed to separate rules files?

Thanks,
Ed

Sent from a mobile device.