Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort variables longer than 65535 bytes

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 08:22:35 -0500

That hasn't been changed since 2.9.4.1 but you should get the latest
version for the many fixes and enhancements.  If you compile from source,
you can change that value to one that suits your needs.

The value is somewhat arbitrary, but needing more than that is interesting.
 If you can share what exactly you are trying to do, we can take a look at
changing it.  Just need a compelling use case.

Russ