Snort mailing list archives

Re: how to specify collecting packets on more then one interface

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 11:44:58 -0400

Please post to snort-users.  You will likely find someone who has done
exactly that.

Thanks
Russ

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM, <snorty () cad webatu com> wrote:

I have a sensor setup that currently is running as a read-only, and the
tap point is split into upstream on one interface and downstream packets on
another interface. My question is how can I set this up so that snort can
merge the packets from just these two interfaces so snort can see the whole
picture on what’s happening on the tap? (FWIW I also can't listen on all
interfaces because I don’t want to look at loopback data or the other
interfaces on the computer).

Archive:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=snort-devel