Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-devel] Serious problems Snort 2.9 with relative content matches using http_inspect preprocessor and http_uri keyword

From: Bhagya Bantwal <bbantwal () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 11:58:32 -0500

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 4:42 PM, L0rd Ch0de1m0rt <l0rdch0de1m0rt () gmail com>wrote:

Hello.

@Bad Horse: I tried http_raw_uri and it still does not work.  That is good
point about the colon in the uri.  The funny thing is that if I increase
the distance, it WILL work so it seems that maybe the parser it getting
"stuck" on the first content match (0x2F) and not evaluating everything in
full.  To test, I tried this rule and it DID work! :

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"Dont Cry 4 Me
Trojanina"; flow:established, to_server; content:"GET"; http_method;
content:"|2F|"; http_uri; content:"|3A|"; http_uri; distance:1; within:50;
)

@Baggy: I tried a number of versions and the latest was 2.9.5.3 I believe,
is that still supported?

Yes. It is supported. Can you please send your conf and pcap for further
debugging?

Thanks

Thanks for everyones' help.

Cheers,