Snort mailing list archives

Re: 'conifg stateful' option

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 00:11:38 +0000

The stream4 stuff is not in the config.. it's all stream 5.  This
comment was up with the other config options (disable_decode_alerts,
ttcp_alerts, etc).

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net> wrote:
On 11/13/2013 6:17 PM, Jeremy Hoel wrote:
We noticed that our snort boxes didn't trigger on a rule that was
reported by an upstream provider.  Taking the pcaps and playing them
back against a stock snort.conf shows that the rule triggers. Once of
the differences between the configs is that ours included "config
stateful". From most of the documentation, this is a holdover from the
stream4 processor and we are configured to use stream5 (2.9.5.5), but
when that statement was in the config, the udp packets wouldn't
trigger the rule.  Comment it out and it did.

do you still have any stream4 config stuff in your configs? i've been under the
impression that since stream5 came out, all stream4 stuff should be completely
removed from one's config...