Snort mailing list archives

Syntax for "ignore=" in Pulledpork

From: "Stark, Vernon L." <Vernon.Stark () jhuapl edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 12:01:36 -0500

What syntax is required with the "ignore=" line in Pulledpork (0.7.0) when ignoring selected Emerging Threats rules?
For example, if one wants to ignore chat.rules from the Emerging Rules set, what syntax is required?  I tried all of
the following and yet "ET CHAT" rules still end up in snort.rules in the enabled state.

ignore=emerging-chat.rules

ignore=ET-chat.rules

ignore=emerging-chat

ignore=ET-chat

I have recent rule downloads, so I've been using the following:

./pulledpork.pl -c pulledpork.conf -n -P -E

Vern