Snort mailing list archives

Re: Dynamic rules not initialized properly

From: Y M <snort () outlook com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 17:52:56 +0000

Hi,
Have you ran a rules update lately? Specifically to the Dynamic Rules? The reason I am asking is because I get this
error when I jack with the .so rules. For example, I got the same error today on a test box. What I did was when I
updated the rules (including Dynamic Rules) using PulledPork I forgot to tell PulledPork to process only text rules
(using -T) with a SIGHUP to reload Snort since it is running already. Dynamic Rules are not reloadable, so I had to
stop Snort, re-run PulledPork and then start Snort again and the messages disappeared (ahem, need to double check)
I am not sure if this is the same scenario you are facing but hope it helps.