Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard2 reports database insert errors

From: beenph <beenph () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 12:25:19 -0500

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Dave Corsello
<snort-users () wintertreemedia com> wrote:
Changing the adapter type to E1000 did get rid of the RX-ERRs, but I'm
still getting intermittent insert errors in barnyard2.

I guess that some of your sessions could get timmed out if their
innactive for a while so when by2 try to insert
it will fail until it reconnect, and then succede because the it has a
valid handle/connection.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/server-system-variables.html#sysvar_interactive_timeout

Also you might have a process that is killing your mysqld for a while
invalidating current client session which
could also be the cause.

Maybe VMware is
reassigning memory that hasn't been used in awhile?  Will try reserving
memory.

Doubt that alot.

-elz