Snort mailing list archives

Re: NFQ DAQ "module version issue" on Debian

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 14:24:16 -0400

On 10/27/2013 10:11 PM, Bobby Venal wrote:
I was able to fix this locally.  In case anyone else runs into this, on Debian I
had to uninstall the snort packages and the libdaq packages.

Once there was no other trace of Debian daq includes and libraries, the
downloaded and compiled ones worked fine.

this is actually normal and "par for the course"... the reason being that the
package installed ones are compiled and placed differently than those that "we"
compile and install with the original unmodified sources... this is a common
occurrence with all package managers that i'm aware of...