Snort mailing list archives

Adware/Toolbar?

From: Y M <snort () outlook com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 10:12:55 +0000

Hi,
I was not sure how to categorize this one. I was seeing several http requests (see reference), after some googling, it
seems the domain and the downloads from it do not have good reputation. It may be nothing worthy.
alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"PUA-TOOLBAR toolbar configuration download attempt";
flow:to_server,established; content:"/config/?"; http_uri; content:"&ext="; distance:0; http_uri; content:"&ver=";
distance:0; http_uri; content:"&cmp="; distance:0; http_uri; content:"&rand="; distance:0; http_uri; metadata: policy
balanced-ips drop, policy security-ips drop, ruleset community, service http;
reference:url,www.virustotal.com/en/url/2397c37dc74b54ff7ff76960d6b4a921e914259f125e69d58f0626806eb99718/analysis/1382259349/;
 classtype:trojan-activity; sid:100075; rev:1;)
Thanks.YM