Snort mailing list archives

Re: pulled pork updates

From: JJC <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:02:15 -0600

I am able to reproduce this, will review further...

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Johnny Venter <johnny.venter () zoho com>wrote:

Hi,

I have an issue or need clarification on pulledpork. I see the following
in my sid_changes.log:

*-=Begin Changes Logged for Tue Oct 15 14:55:30 2013 GMT=-*
*
*
*New Rules*
*        BROWSER-PLUGINS Citrix Access Gateway plug-in ActiveX code
execution attempt (1:SID:181)*
*
*
*Deleted Rules*
*        BROWSER-PLUGINS Citrix Access Gateway plug-in ActiveX code
execution attempt (1:25343)*
*
*
*Set Policy: Disabled*
*
*
*Rule Totals*
*        New:-------1*
*        Deleted:---1*
*        Enabled:---4543*
*        Dropped:---0*
*        Disabled:--13325*
*        Total:-----17868*
*
*
*-=End Changes Logged for Tue Oct 15 14:55:30 2013 GMT=-*
*
*
My question is that I've seen this exact data since October 3, is that
normal? When I started using PP, I deleted/archived all of my existing
snort rules files except local.rules. Once I did this, PP put all of the
rules in one file and I referenced this file in my snort.conf.  Was this
correct or was I supposed to keep the default rules files from snort?

Thanks.

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!