Snort mailing list archives

Re: RAR File Detection

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 09:33:11 -0600

On 2013-10-14 09:26, Ginski, Richard wrote:
I'm sorry. What command for what tool would I add the "-k none" to?

Snort....

I am new to the list and fairly-new to SNORT rule writing.

I am trying to create a snort rule that detects "rar" files exiting
our network…regardless of protocol/service. (I am assuming clear
text-type protocols will only work here.) I am unable to create a
rule
that will fire on the criteria I have supplied for that rule.

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET any (sid:1002235; gid:1;
content:"|52 61 72 21 1A 07|"; msg:"RAR file Detected_Testing_Please
Ignore"; classtype:Test; rev:40; )

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET any (sid:1002235; gid:1;
content:"Rar!"; msg:"RAR file Detected_Testing_Please Ignore";
classtype:Test; rev:40; )

Did you giver that -k none a go on your command line?

James