Snort mailing list archives

Re: Interesting observation with with so rules

From: <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 22:25:59 -0400

On Friday, October 11, 2013 11:33 AM, James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net> wrote:
But ultimately the goal is to have pp do it all..but I get the same
error attempting to use pp, so eh..I think I need to at least be able to
do it manually successfully first ;)  I have no idea why it's prepending
the CONF_PATH with the SORULE_PATH..makes no sense :(  Thanks YM.

my eWAG is that like snort, it prepends the default path when it cannot access the one defined...