Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort alert [1:13586:4]

From: JJC <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 07:43:50 -0600

You can lookup rule information on the snort.org site such as:

http://www.snort.org/search/sid/13586?r=1

JJC

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 4:43 AM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>wrote:

On 8/26/2013 19:59, Ismi Junita Rahmawati wrote:
my snort show alert "snort alert [1:13586:4]"  when I tried to play with
SSH.
But I don't know what this alert means. Can some body explain it?

look at the rule and read what its MSG says...

what port were you using SSH on? if not the default 22, then this rule
will fire...

--

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!