Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard2 error: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of snort

From: James Lieu <j0liu001 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 10:17:37 -0700 (PDT)

My snort install runs fine to logs and I can start Barnyard2 without
the mysql call with no apparent problems (but Barnyard is not writing anything to mysql, no log files either).

but once I add the mysql output back into my barnyard2.conf file I am unable to start it

Below is my config. Thanks

config from  /etc/snort/snort.conf :
# unified2
# Recommended for most installs
output unified2: filename merged.log, limit 128, nostamp, mpls_event_types, vlan_event_types

config from /etc/snort/barnyard2.conf:

# database: log to a variety of databases
# ---------------------------------------
#
# Purpose: This output module provides logging ability to a variety of databases
# See doc/README.database for additional information.
#
# Examples:
output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=snort dbname=snort  host=localhost
#   output database: alert, postgresql, user=snort dbname=snort
#   output database: log, odbc, user=snort dbname=snort
#   output database: log, mssql, dbname=snort user=snort password=test
#   output database: log, oracle, dbname=snort user=snort password=test
#