Snort mailing list archives

Re: VRT Rules question

From: JJC <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 14:38:51 -0600

Almost all rules have the category named in the first part of the rule
msg:"BROWSER-IE rule"; kind of thing.. so my suggestion would be to create
a more complex regular expression that has this also in it...

pcre:BROWSER-IE.+MS(0|1)\d-\d+

Note that I didn't test the above but it should give you an idea... then if
you want all BUT within a certain category.. you would do a negative look
behind assertion kinda thing...

JJC

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Juan Camilo Valencia <