Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Snort catching backup as alert?

From: "Jefferson, Shawn" <Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:49:13 -0600

Hi,

Not necessarily, since what's it looking for in a rule can be based on other context, position in the packet, source
and destination, etc...

This is pretty common... I have rules that fire on these kinds of things sometimes.  Use threshold.conf to quiet them
down (if you can with opening yourself up to attack.)